September 1, 2008

fast approaching

i love the rain. the smell, the sound, the feel of wet drops pouring down from heaven. rainy days make me happy and rejuvenate my whole being. i especially love rain as we get into the fall season. if nothing else, i know my Heavenly Father loves me because He gives me autumn every year. it may have something to do with being born on thanksgiving day, but everything about autumn makes me ecstatically joyful.

autumn leaves are colorful and give the earth a deep beauty unparalleled by any other earthly thing. the brisk coolness of the air as i inhale refresh and awaken my mind. my contentedness, tinged with excitement, peaks with october and november. this is when pumpkin is everywhere! pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin casserole ... it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it has pumpkin it's delicious!

on this first day of september, with rain and cold breezes, i am once again delighted with the prospect of what is to come. i am so blessed. so very, very blessed. God gave us the beauty of the earth as confirmation of His presence in our lives. we are to enjoy it, and what better time to do that than right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!