April 5, 2009

little brother's blog

my first week in portland sundy got a terrible sore throat. two days later i woke up with the same thing. i had the luxury of staying in bed most of the day to recuperate. while spending time alone feeling sick, i thought a lot about my brother who i miss very much.

as you probably already know, my younger brother paul is in japan on a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. i love my sweet brother with all of my heart, and then some. he emails home every week and the emails just get stored away or deleted after being read.

i came up with a genius plan. it took a lot of time, energy, and brain cells to figure it out but i did it. out of my sick-vacation-day came a masterpiece {in my personal opinion} and i transformed paul's blog into a missionary tool. i posted all of his emails up to that point and some extra missionary-esque items. i'll continue to update it every time we get an email from him. who knows how many people will actually view it in the coming years.

regardless, i have two reasons for doing it:
  1. post-mission reminiscing at the click of a button for my dear little PUDS.
  2. per chance a non-member stumbles upon his blog, paul will be blessing even more lives than he knows!
please go check it out :)


http://paul-peterson.blogspot.com

*fyi: paul named his blog and i didn't have the heart to change it

1 comment:

Charly Paige said...

Lace!
I love this idea! oh and PS i was there when Paul changed his Blog title. It was a couple weeks before he got his call. I totally forgot about the story til you brought it up on here thanks lace.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!