October 7, 2008

"my war"

about a month ago i blogged about my plan of salvation lesson and a student who wrote a poem. well, i finally got permission from her to post it. it is simple, sweet, beautiful, but most of all powerful. she amazes me. this poem motivates me. a 14 year-old, spur of the moment, created this work of art. matthew 5:14-16 "... let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father, which is in heaven." oh how i love the gospel!

"my war"
mikelle christensen

i am a warrior. a courageous soldier.
sent in the front lines of battle to conquer my personal enemy.
it's midnight and i'm surrounded by hate and temptation, the devil and his army.
my stars twinkle above me, giving me strength.
i perilously fight for hours on end.

then finally the Son rises and lights the morning.
the enemy fades away, and He walks toward me. i drop my sword.
he comes and embraces me, tears rolling down our cheeks.
brother and sister are reunited.

He conquered my enemy for me.
He healed my wounds of neglect.
He healed my heart of weakness.

He lovingly helped me in war, covering up my weak moments,
aiding me in the trial of battle, though i did not know it.

now, because of His love, i can go home.

all i can say is amen.

1 comment:

The Terry's said...

Lace, I just love reading your blog. You are angelic! And what a sweet poem-- by a 14 year old!?! I love you girl. Just wanted you to know that.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!