May 31, 2010

celebrate the sacrifice

memorial day symbolizes many things.

of course the main thing memorial day celebrates is the sacrifice of all our courageous soldiers.

...it also marks the 'official' beginning of summer.

both of these reasons are significant to me and provoke gratitude in my soul. and in my mind, i get to enjoy the many american holidays of summer because of the sacrifice made by those who came before me.

*taps will always remind me of my father, the best taps player that has ever lived*

in honor of today, here are a few quotes:

  • A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
  • The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree. -Thomas Campbell
  • For love of country they accepted death… -James A. Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!